How Search-Like are Social Media Sites - Danny Sullivan is Brilliant
Danny has always kept his head in the search space but this article shows his true inner self as a business strategist. Many of us have branched outside of the pure search world and are taking our clients to the next level looking at their visibility in the extended search world.
Danny's article looks at the search value of the best known social media categories. The category breakdown is the most interesting to me:
- Social News Sites (such as Digg, Reddit, Yahoo Buzz)
- Social Bookmarking Sites (such as Delicious, StumbleUpon)
- Social Networking (such as Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn)
- Social Knowledge (such as Wikipedia, Yahoo Answers)
- Social Sharing (such as YouTube, Flickr, Twitter, Urban Spoon, Yelp)